Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mom! I Had Enough Cookies!



So far, none of my seven children has ever said that! To be fair, the seventh doesn't talk or eat solid food yet.




I know I never have enough cookies. I like to try new recipes from great websites. Some are recommended, some have enticing photos, causing my Pavlov's Dog reaction and I have to wipe drool off of my keyboard.




Sometimes I try a recipe and it doesn't come out quite right. Why not? It's a published recipe that someone tried out and posted pictures of, right? Maybe there was a typo. Maybe this person really like the way it turned out and I just - didn't?




I asked a real foodie some kitchen chemistry questions and do you know what? She answered them! The answers made sense and helped me to figure out how to alter a recipe and to know why what I tried didn't work.




Sure, I have enough kitchen experience to figure some things out. I know not to put tomato products in with my beans until the beans are already softened. But WHY? The Nite Owl Chef can tell you why!




Ask her your questions. She'll give you the real, kitchen chemistry answer, and follow it up with regular english.




You'll now know why you should only stir until just mixed, or why to boil certain items for a particular amount of time. You'll also find yummy recipes.




Nite Owl Chef caters special events, too! She has experience and photos of her gigs.




One of the great, really cool things about Nite Owl Chef is that she finds and modifies recipes for people with different food intolerances. Gluten free? Dairy free? a criss crossed mish mash of a family of intolerances? She'll get an entire meal put together that meets this need and is still tasty!




Check out Nite Owl Chef's blog and post a few questions of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment